123 Mommy and Me, a family owned business since 2011: As a certified teacher with the PA Department of Education, Jenn Viola was eager to enroll her own daughter in a class that would help build social skills to prepare her for preschool. She was also looking for a fun bonding experience for personal development. Unfortunately very few options exist for children under the age of 3. Many friends and moms shared in the disappointment and encouraged her to develop a new course to fill the void in the area. Through her vast experience, 123 Mommy and Me was born… Social skills and self-confidence through music, movement and art.
The course has undergone extensive research and collaboration from many industry professionals. Jenn Viola, course director, holds a BA in Business from the University of Pittsburgh and Masters Degrees in Elementary Education from IUP. She has diverse background in working with children of all ages including special needs.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Masters degree in Elementary Education May 2009 GPA: 4.0
- PA Instruction I Certification
She is certified to teach pre-school age children through the Nursery Ninja martial arts program, a unique course that emphasizes body control and balance. Jenn was also instrumental in the development of the specialized curriculum for the award winning Norwin Ninjas martial arts class in North Huntingdon. The courses focus on respect and character building while boosting both self-esteem and self-confidence. Her skills have lead her to teach numerous workshops and seminars for groups such as Kindercare.
The 123Mommy&Me course is licensed to use the award-winning Sensei Says® curriculum.
Jenn has always enjoyed working with young children and did her student teaching in the Hempfield Area School District teaching Kindergarten. Her teaching skills include:
- Developed standard-based lessons in all courses
- Created authentic assessments
- Facilitated guided reading using differentiated instruction
- Developed inquiry based math and science units
- Created and administered inquiry based, hands-on manipulatives for reading and math
- Utilized Aims web results to maximize student achievement
- Administered District Assessments
- Assigned grades and entered them into skyward
- Developed and initiated behavior management plans for specific students
- Initiated kid writing
Through family bonding and communication exercises, you will not only enrich your life but feel closer to your baby, infant or toddler. Let us help enhance your child’s cognitive development, improve their social skills, and have tons of fun along the way!